The A and B Teams are designed for players in middle and high school; however, 4th and 5th graders with strong tennis skills are encouraged to participate. The A Team practices on Mondays from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. with matches on Tuesday/Thursdays from 1:15 – 3:30 p.m. The B Team practices on Mondays from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. with matches on Wednesday/Fridays from 1:15 – 3:30 p.m. These dates and times are subject to change based on match availability with other clubs. The season runs from June 26 – August 25.
The fee for each member of the tennis team, which covers the entire season of practices and all matches, is $35. Once you have a confirmed spot on the team, please pay the team fee by giving a check to one of the club pros.
Our goal is to provide a fun atmosphere with adequate playing time for all. However, with limited court space, a tight match schedule, and a growing interest in team tennis we ask that team hopefuls be able to:
● rally with some success from the baseline
● serve (approximately 50% accuracy) from the baseline to the service boxes
● keep score during a match
Tennis Team Try-Outs
Try-outs will be held on two different days to provide flexibility for both the tennis staff and tennis players. The dates are as follows:
Wednesday June 7th – 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday June 10th – 9 to 11 a.m.
Junior Tennis Team Tryouts:
- Tryouts are for any new club members, new team players and all returning players.
- Returning and new players ALL need to attend one tryout session.
- Multiple dates provide flexibility for rain and or scheduling conflicts. Note: Players need only attend ONE session.
- If there is a conflict with both dates, please contact Vi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Vi at 617-816-1913) and arrange for an alternate date and time as new players who do not attend the evaluation will not be able to join the team later in the season.
All Junior Team players are invited to our annual Junior Team Kick-Off on Wednesday, June 14th at 4:30 – 6:00 rain or shine. Pizza and drinks will be provided for all the players. The annual Tennis Team Awards Banquet will be held on Thursday, August 17th at 6:30 p.m. Families are invited!
Save These Dates!
Mark your calendar for our popular tennis socials and tournaments:
2017 Special Tennis Events & (tentative) Dates of Note
Junior Tennis Team Tryouts (need only attend one date)
Wednesday June 7th, from 3:00 – 5:00 OR Saturday June 10th, from 9:00 – 11:00
Junior Tennis Team and Family Kick-Off Pizza Party
Wednesday June 14th, 4:30 – 6:00
Jr. Doubles Tournament
Saturday July 7th, 9:00 a.m. (Rain Date Sunday July 10th)
6th Annual Ladies Social at Sunset
Wednesday July 12th, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
8th Annual Parent/Child Round Robin
Saturday July 15th, 12:00 – 2:30 p.m. (Rain Date Sunday July 19nd)
Adult Mixed Doubles Mixer
Friday July 21th, 6:30 pm
Junior Tennis Team Annual Banquet
Thursday August 17th, 6:30 p.m.